Sunday, September 20, 2009

200TH MEMBER OF ALBANY HILLTOWNS FB GROUP

Today we welcome our 200th member to the Albany Hilltowns History and Genealogy Facebook Group, Jerry Gilligan, from Austin, Texas. This has been within less than 10 months. I wish we had a prize to give him, but we don't have any money, since we have no source of income. Oh, well, I am sure he will understand.
______________________________
I spent most of the day posting many "Then and Now" series of images by using old photographs for the "Then" picture, and a Google Earth image for the "Now." The Google Earth images are not very clear, and it is difficult to get them to appear to have been taken from the same spot as the "Then" photo. Still, my motto is, "It is better than nothing."

When we get a few more images I will split this page up so there is a separate page for each town. I am thinking this would also be a great idea for a book! If you want to see your house or photo in a book, we welcome your submissions.

Check it out!

Images above right are "Then and Now" of Northrup's Garage, East Berne.


1 comment:

  1. Hal! Congratulations on reaching a new milestone and on the new blog! I am so happy to see the progress with AHT!

    ReplyDelete