(Click here for Upcoming events for visitors)
- SUGGESTION TO LOCAL ORGANIZATIONS
- HILLTOWN POTLUCKS
- VENDORS WANTED
- - Helderberg Hilltowns Fall Festival - The Knox Conservation Advisory Council is planning its first annual Helderberg Hilltowns Fall Festival for October 9th from 10 am -3pm. There will be live music, activities for children, farm vendors, crafts, and more. They are seeking farm, craft, and other vendors from Berne, Knox, Westerlo, and Rensselaerville. Those interested in participating should contact Cheryl Frantzen, Chairperson, at 872-1199, 573-5949, or Cheryl Frantzen
- - Eighth Annual Hilltown Holiday Gift Bazaar- There are spaces for 20 vendors at the Eighth Annual Hilltown Holiday Gift Bazaar which will be held on Saturday, Nov. 27 at Historic Conkling Hall from 10am - 3pm.Spaces will be available on a first come, first served basis. Vendors must be creators of the products they sell. Contact Cheryl 797-5201.
- - Thacher Park Fall Festival - Thacher Park is seeking vendors for the Annual Thacher Park Fall Festival. The event will be held Oct. 16 with a rain date of Oct. 17, from 10am - 4pm. The vendor fee for the event is #25. Only quality handcrafted items will be considered. The Park is also looking for volunteers for the Fall Festival to run games, face-painting, scarecrow building, and other events. Call the park office at 872-1237 orJoy Scism if interested in being a vendor or volunteer.
- Making History: Revitalizing "Main Streets" - The Rensselaerville Historical Society invites you to a special program, titled Making History: Revitalizing "Main Streets" in the Town of Rensselaerville, as part of its Annual Meeting and Pot-Luck Supper on Saturday, September 11.
The supper and program will follow the Annual Business Meeting for the Town Historical Society. The Annual Meeting begins at 5:00 pm, followed by the Pot-Luck Supper at 6:00 pm, and the "Making History..." program at 7:00 pm., all at the Medusa Fire Hall.
All interested persons are welcome to attend. Please bring a dish to share at the Pot-Luck. Beverages will be provided.
- Helderberg Hilltowns Association - next meeting will be held at Conkling Hall, Rensselaerville at 7 PM on Monday, Sept. 13. All are welcome to come and participate.
- Harvest Party & Bonfire - Third Annual Harvest Party to be held in at the Patroon Land Farm, 153 Ketcham Road, Town of Knox. Come - enjoy gathering with ole friends, new friends, great food, bonfire, ole tyme music, and pumpkin painting for the children. $25 for adults, 12 and under free. Time: 5:30pm - 7pm. Phone: (518)786-3691
- Barbecue and yard sale - Berne-Knox-Westerlo Sports Boosters will hold a fund-raising barbecue and yard sale Saturday Sept. 18, from 10am to 5pm. at Berne Town Park. The chicken barbecue will begin at 1pm. Each dinner will cost $9, and will include a half chicken, baked potato, coleslaw, and dessert. Members of all 21 teams are participating, from the fall, spring, and winter sports seasons.
- Researching your Hilltown Ancestors - The Helderberg Hilltowns Association is planning a genealogy workshop to help community members connect with their family roots. To be held at the Octagon Barn, Knox, It will be a sit down class with a take home package of materials. Breakfast will be included as part of the event. Local products will be served.
- Helderberg Hilltowns Fall Festival - There will be live music, activities for children, farm vendors, crafts, and more. They are seeking farm, craft, and other vendors from Berne, Knox, Westerlo, and Rensselaerville. Knox town Hall 9th from 10 am - 3pm. Sponsored by the Knox Conservation Advisory Counci. Contact Cheryl Frantzen, Chairperson, for more information at 872-1199, 573-5949, or Cheryl Frantzen
- Thacher Park Fall Festival - will be held Oct. 16 with a rain date of Oct. 17, from 10am - 4pm. There will be face-painting, scarecrow building, and other events. Call the park office at 872-1237 or Joy Scism for more information.
- Solar, Wind & More - at Fox Creek Farm! 10am - Noon, Fox Creek Farm, 182 Fox Creek Farm Road, Schoharie, NY 12157 (Schoharie County). Fox Creek Farm not only grows vegetables for their CSA, the farm also harvests almost all of the electricity needed for the farm right on site. The farm operates a 200 member CSA off the grid (that is, without a connection to National Grid), and is probably the only CSA of this size in the country doing so. The farm produces its electricity with a farmer-installed 1.3 kW solar array with Evergreen panels (manufactured in Massachusetts), and harvests wind energy with a Bergey XL1 wind generator on a 100 foot tower. On a good day Fox Creek Farm harvests approximately 8 kW in electricity. The farm also features a site build energy efficient walk-in cooler run with an air-conditioner unit in combination with a CoolBot regulator, and a farm house incorporating passive solar design elements. Sponsored by the Cornell Small Farms Energy Work Team. To register, contact Violet Stone at 607-255-9227 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hilltown Holiday Gift Bazaar - Local Artisians gather to provide beautiful works of art, jewelry & hand crafted products for your holiday shopping. Held on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Hours are from 10 to 4 pm.